[mythtv-users] New system, recommendations?

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:32:20 UTC 2008

Ashley Bostock wrote:
> On 28/03/2008, Justin Johnson <justin.johnson3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>  I'm looking to build a new system and put it in an Antec Fusion 430
>>  Silver case. I know there's been some reports of the volume knob not
>>  working, and the built-in IR receiver and the VFD. Anyone know if
>>  there's a solution for this?
>>
>>  Also, what's a good micro ATX mobo to go with an Intel Core 2 duo? I
>>  might play around with some overclocking but I probably wouldn't be too
>>  much into it. Integrated graphics are fine, as my TV has a VGA input
>>  that works great. I don't really have a preference on graphics
>>  controllers, so long as it works out of the box. Help me out here, please?
>>

>>  --
>>  --Justin Johnson

> I have the Antec Fusion V2 Silver case (which according to the Antec
> website is exactly the same as the 430, they just recently renamed
> their product line) and the volume knob, IR receiver and the VFD all
> work fine with the default packages in ubuntu.  I think it was the
> black case that "had" the issues as it uses different hardware.
>
> Ash

Ah, that's great news!! Here's what I'm thinking:
Antec Fusion 430 Silver Case
GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    ---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128078
 Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W
Dual-Core Processor
    ---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115029
 Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    ---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565

And I'll just use the same hard drives and Tuners that I'm already
using, PVR-350 and AverMedia A180.
So what do you guys think? too much? too little?

--
--Justin Johnson