[mythtv-users] Fios set top boxes

Mark J. Scheller mark.j.scheller at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:36:12 UTC 2008

I have the FIOS STB, and it is a Motorola.  I had to install a serial port
driven IR blaster in order to change channels on it.  It was very easy to do
and works flawlessly!  The only concern is how to tell if the box has been
shut off for whatever reason, but that has only happened a couple of time.

Good luck!

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Brian Wallen <bwallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going to be getting Fios TV soon, and I was wondering what kind of
> set top boxes they've been handing out recently. I read that most
> people were getting one from motorola, but I don't know it that has
> changed. How is the set top box controlled? I used to have Directv and
> I was able to use a serial cable to control it. Are the Fios boxes
> like this or do you have to use an IR thingy?

[MjS]