[mythtv-users] Native MythTV support added to XBMC

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 03:28:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Native MythTV support has been added to XBMC recently (I believe the last
>  >  few weeks). You can currently watch and delete recordings, and watch and
>  >  record livetv. There is no epg, commskip, or any other advanced feature yet.
>  >  But it's dead simple to setup and use. Simply add new new Video source with
>  >  the path:
>
>  Wow - that sounds interesting! I used to use the xbmcmythtv scripts,
>  but will give this a go.
>
>  XBMC is being ported to other OS's so this could become quite big as
>  it develops over time.

I've tried it. It does seem to work, but I can't get it to play
anything. It turns out my Myth box is giving out it's hostname to
stream the recordings from, and the xbox is having trouble looking it
up. Is there any chance that Myth could give out a "defined" name (Or
IP address), rather than relying on the machine's hostname?
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston