[mythtv-users] The Death of MythTV in the US?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Mar 27 23:02:14 UTC 2008

>>> And when they do, you better pick one (or several) up
>quickly, before
>>> this happens to them:
>>> http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9898065-1.html
>>

>> Damn, that's ugly.  As soon as those Hauppauge cards are available -
>> someone PLEASE let us know.  I plan on grabbing at least two of them.
>>
>> What ever happened to "fair use"?  Most of us are NOT pirates.  We
>> USED to
>> be able to record HBO on the old VCRs without any problems.  God, I
>> hate
>> the studios.
>
>Fair use in the USA went away with the DMCA, something that was done
>not by the studios but by your elected representatives, albeit with a
>lot of prodding by the studios.
>
>beww

Anyone know why the cable companies even care? What does time warner care if
you have a copy of an HBO TV Show? NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, etc don't seem to
care, cause if they did, I'm sure they would have ranted enough to have some
type of encryption created with the digital OTA broadcasts and then have
only certified TV's able to decrypt those stations.
-Steve