[mythtv-users] LIRC and MacOS X

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 27 19:10:20 UTC 2008

Hi:

I'd like (1) to test LIRC on the Mac (2) but I'm having trouble
building a version of the frontend with Lirc support.  The problem is
that MacPorts (3) installed Lirc under /opt/local/ and
osx-packager.pl expects it to be somewhere else.

If I understand src/myth-svn/mythtv/configure correctly (which is
doubtful), it ensures that the Lirc client, libraries and header
files are all present before compiling in Lirc support.  How do I
tell it to try /opt/local/ ?

Craig

(1) I'm using a Harmony 880 in my home theatre setup and it doesn't
emulate the Apple Remote very well--usually have to press a button
twice to get the action to take place.  Besides, the Apple Remote
doesn't have enough buttons.

(2) There is no direct Lirc support for the IR receiver built-into my
Mac Mini BUT I have confirmed that Lirc can receive commands from the
IR receiver in the HDHomeRun!  I can tell the 880 it is controlling
something else (say a DVD player) and then map the buttons to useful
actions in Myth.

(3) http://www.macports.org/