[mythtv-users] Cable box always on

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Mar 27 18:29:44 UTC 2008

>> No, I mean a setup where true analog channels (e.g., 2
>through 99) are
>> tuned by the PVR-250 directly, and encrypted QAM channels (e.g.,
>> 200-799) are tuned by the cable box with composite or svideo
>out, going
>> to the same PVR-250.

I understand that you can get digital channels out of coax, but why would
anyone get the analog channels out of the coax when they have the set top
box connected to the same tuner? Wouldn't you always opt to go with the
digital cable set top box? I know it's still technically analog because of
svideo, but it's still better than analog coax.
-Steve