[mythtv-users] DVB-S Tuner Advice

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:42:48 UTC 2008

Dave

Any chance you could try to get a BBC-HD stream?

You should be able to record the TS at least (even if it's outside
myth) and see if the card can handle the load, or at least watch a
pretty lightshow as your PC bursts into flames ;)

I'm looking at this as well and the Hauppauge S2 looks like a good
candidate, however they're not known for releasing enough info into
the PD to get stable drivers written (the 500 USB disconnect issue
being a case in point), If you've got a card that'll record the TS
it's then reasonably simple to view the TS using VLC for example.

Regards and Thanks