[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21 on Xebian installed (was Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox)

Ian Hodgson ian.hodgson.home at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:14:55 UTC 2008

Kanetse & Skitals,
    Thank you for your detailed replies; particularly the clarification
of the kernel upgrade. After my softmodded Xbox boots, I can access FATX
format E partition and what you are saying is that this can only happen
with kernel v2.4 as FATX support is not provided in kernel v2.6.
    Now, if I do not need to use the data on the E partition from Linux,
can I use kernel v2.6, effectively ignoring the FATX partitions (and
wasting most of the Xbox disk space), or will using kernel that cannot
see the FATX partitions prevent my Xbox from working. I do not use the
Xbox for anything other than Linux, so maybe I should start from scratch
with the Xebian install and select the option that reformats the whole
disk; your views would be welcome.

Thanks.