[mythtv-users] Commercial detection in HD

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 04:18:08 UTC 2008

Paul wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Justin Johnson
> <justin.johnson3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> After moving to HD, commercial skipping doesn't work nearly as well as
>>  it does on SD; particularly on Law and Order, which has a lot of fade to
>>  black parts. Any ways to improve performance? Would strict commercial
>>  detection help or deteriorate on SD?
>>
>>  --
>>  --Justin Johnson
>>

> Which detector are you using? For me the experimental detector seems
> to work better with HD, but it is also noticeably slower.

I was using all available methods, but after switching to experimental
and running a detection job again it detected a break that wasn't
detected before. Could running the job in realtime (while show is
recording) be an issue? I think I'll stick with experimental so long as
it's at least as good as before.

--
--Justin Johnson