[mythtv-users] commercial flagging questions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 27 03:59:11 UTC 2008

On 03/26/2008 02:43 PM, bungle wrote:
> 3. It looks like the only commercial-skipping keys are Z and Q, and they
> always jump even if the position is nowhere near a commercial.  My wife (and
> thus I) had a problem the other day because she skipped at a commercial, and
> it jumped 15 minutes or so.

Hit the button to skip to next commercial break marker (End or Z).
Notice that Myth says, "Skipped 15:32."  Hit the button to skip to
previous commercial break marker (Home or Q).  No matter where you were
when you hit the Z key, if you hit Q within a few seconds (3? I think),
you skip back to where you were when you hit Z.  Therefore, at this
point, you know where you're at (if you hit the skip button when the
commercial break started, you can now use the appropriate skip
(Left/Right)/jump (Up/Down) keys to skip the break manually).

By adjusting your skip/jump amounts in your playback group configuration
appropriately, you can manually skip a commercial break very easily (and
in very few button presses).

Of course, you could use FFwd/Rew, but, IMHO, they're a waste when you
have skip/jump.

Mike