[mythtv-users] commercial flagging questions

bungle nabble.e.wuuza at xoxy.net
Thu Mar 27 00:25:12 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:

>> enabled.  Comskip (used by GB-PVR and others) consistently took about 4
>> minutes on a 1 hours show, same hardware (generally pegging 1 core), and
> Wow, i didnt realize GB was that fast, i wonder how the other PVR software
> rate in speed/accuracy.

I think BTV and Sage both use comskip, too, so I'm not sure there are many
others.  Comskip does have some cool GUI tools.  The detection methods
available in the config (along with a LOT of other options) are: 1=black
frame, 2=logo, 4=scene change, 8=fuzzy logic, 16=closed captions, 32=aspect
ratio, 64=silence, 128=cutscenes, though mine (and the default) was 111.

Mitch Gore wrote:

> I have always thought the OSD and entire Myth interface leaves a lot to be
> desired.  It pretty feature-less but it works.  I wish the OSD had a view

GB-PVR is probably more geeky than MCE or Sage, but not like Myth (in the
substance over style, tweaky way).  Myth has some pretty nice themes, but I
can see a point about the organization.  (Going more OT) Myth has so many
features, and it's organized pretty logically, but in such a way that things
get fairly deep in menus.  GB-PVR is a bit more simplified so things seem
easier to find.  I like using both (albeit fairly simply - record, watch,
delete; remote music via MVP), and they both have their strengths, but
GB-PVR was not open source, which was one factor, but also only ran on
Windows.  Hardware supporting W2k was harder to find, and I did not like the
upgrade options (among other factors).