[mythtv-users] Pause on screen display box

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Wed Mar 26 22:41:12 UTC 2008

David Fishburn wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:27 AM, John Veness
> <John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
>>  > No matter which theme I choose this dialog is in the top right of the
>>  > screen.  It has no progress meter, and for long shows it often doesn't
>>  > fit in the box and has to wrap.  It is solid blue and blots out the
>>  > entire box it fills.
>>  Are you sure you're changing the OSD theme, not the UI theme? It's not
>>  in Appearance but in TV Settings.
>
> That was it John.
> I didn't realize that had any bearing on appearance.  I thought the
> Theme controlled all of it.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Yes, it's all a bit confusing at first. As I understand it,
Setup/Appearance controls how the main menu system looks, Setup/TV
Settings/Playback OSD control how the 'Internal' player looks (and other
things in Setup/TV Settings/Playback also control the Internal player).

In fact, as the Internal player can be used for MythVideo, not just TV,
maybe the setup text should be changed...

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T