[mythtv-users] Final setup questions

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Mar 26 21:11:49 UTC 2008

Darryl Hirschler wrote:
> I scanned my analog channels.  So I assume I should have "fetched"
> those.  I didn't know better.  Forgive me.  I am still thinking
> old-school.

Yes. Fetch analog and you'll have happy channels. I know it isn't
obvious. It's something you just have to experience. Some analog sources
require scanning which is why the option exists to do either for either
analog or digital sources.
> Well, only 25 on the screen at a time.  You can navigate up and down to
> see more.

I wonder what would happen if you set the EPG to display 25 channels at
a time. I'm guessing bad things.
> Dscaler does some nice things.  For instance, it also has real-time
> inverse telecining (seen here).  They call it "automatic pulldown".
>
> http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/screenshots/index.htm
> http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/screenshots/IQ_screenshots.htm

There are some fancy deinterlacers in MythTV. Bob, Kernel and Linear
have been in there since I can remember plus Yaddif and Greedy were just
added  to 0.21 and they look fantastic - if you're into that sort of
thing. :)