[mythtv-users] commercial flagging questions

bungle nabble.e.wuuza at xoxy.net
Wed Mar 26 19:56:52 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian-2 wrote:

> Allow your jobs to use more processor if you want it to use more
> processor. There's an option in mtyhtv-setup. I believe the default is
> "Low" which is what you're seeing. You can choose to peg your processor
> if you like. :) Commflagging generally happens realtime for me on an
> AMD64 X2 4200+. About a minute after the program finishes, the commflag
> job is done.

Ah, I did not see this (there are a lot of menus, but options are good).  I
will see how much difference it makes (part of the reason I got a
dual-core).  I assume you mean you run commflagging while still recording?
I figured eventually I would try that, but I wanted to make sure I didn't
have some system problem this was revealing.

Brad DerManouelian-2 wrote:

> Coorect. Not implemented to show commflags in the OSD. You're right - it
> would be cool. :)

Standard OSD in GB-PVR had this - it was pretty nice.  I'm sure it's a
simple as borrowing the code from the cutlist OSD ;)  Seriously, I can live
without.  It was a good graphical representation of how much of my life I
was taking back, though.

Fred Squires wrote:

> There's a comm-skip limit that you can set so you won't skip over long
> commercials (sorry I don't remember which menu it's in).  I have mine
> set to 5 minutes.  It gives you a warning if the commercial is longer
> than that and will skip if you hit the skip button again.  Also if you
> hit the comm-skip back button (Q on the keyboard) within a few seconds
> of skipping a commercial you'll skip back to the point you skipped
> from instead of the previous cut point.

I saw that, but wasn't sure if it referred to not flagging commercial breaks
that long or what.  The other is a good tip, also.

Thanks