[mythtv-users] Hardware advice

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Mar 26 17:59:36 UTC 2008

Frosty wrote:
> Mike Holden wrote:
>> Adam Skinner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Im looking to purchase a new DUAL / TWIN tuner PCI or PCIe (pref) DVB-T
>>> card for the UK.  I already have a couple of leadteks based upon the
>>> LR6650 but one of them has a signal problem.
>>>
>>> I dont need a remote control or analog inputs, price is a factor as I am
>>> not Bill Gates.
>>>
>>> I have looked here http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_PCI_Cards
>>> but cannot see any dual tuners that look supported.
>>>
>> Hauppauge wintv nova t 500. Watch out for the newer "diversity" model,
>> which doesn't work. I got the guy in the shop to open the package to
>> verify it was the right model! Full details at the link you posted! Cost
>> about 50 quid.
>>
> Beware however that the Nova-T 500 still has problems disconnecting a
> tuner at random. Seemingly it works for some, but not for others.

Is it possible that there are certain batches or whatever of Nova-T 500 which
have this problem, and others which do not? Is it worth asking all users of such
cards to forward the appropriate info so that the devices which keep causing
problems can be better identified, similar to the "diversity" model? It may be
there is a particular batch, or perhaps a change of chip somewhere along the
manufacturing timeline, which is causing the problems people keep mentioning.

Mike Perkins