[mythtv-users] Hardware Advice

Adam Skinner kingmoffa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:03:02 UTC 2008

Thanks for the info Nico,

That is what I was afraid of. Looks like I may just get another single
tuner Leadtek card again. Pretty cheap at £20ish. I was just interested
in dual/twin tuner cards as I only have two PCI slots available. With
the new version of myth supporting multi rec - I may not need it
anyway.

I did see on ebay a dual tuner analog, DVB-S and DVB-T card. "Pinnacle
7010iX PCTV Dual Tuner DVB-T/S PCI-E Card"
It would be great if v4l-dvb supported this! Future proof indeed.

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 14:27 +0000, Adam Skinner wrote:
> doesn't the Nova t 500 have problems? I thought it often needed
> modules
> reloading.

Well...

The Nova-T worked very well on my 2.6.22 kernel.

Then the 2.6.24 kernel showed-up. (at least on my Ubuntu system, went
from Gutsy to Hardy). And the original disconnect issue came back.

The tuners get USB disconnects, at random (apparently, so far).

That makes the card very difficult to use.

Trust me, I used to recommend this card after 1 year of following the
development of the drivers closely, and documenting everything in the
linuxtv wiki, but today, i guess I should stop.

All that using a recent v4l-dvb tree.

Nico