[mythtv-users] Hardware Advice

Adam Skinner kingmoffa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:27:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the response Mike,

doesn't the Nova t 500 have problems? I thought it often needed modules
reloading. Or has this been fixed? Im not sure how up to date the link I
sent it.

I had a friend trying myth for the first time using mythbuntu a month
ago. He had the same cards and reported the same problems (usb
disconnect). He reverted back to windows media centre.

I am really tempted to get another leadtek as there isn't really much on
offer that works with linux. I bought a GDI black gold once, got burned
with no hardware support and don't want to make the same mistake again.

--------------

Adam Skinner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Im looking to purchase a new DUAL / TWIN tuner PCI or PCIe (pref)
DVB-T

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_PCI_Cards
> but cannot see any dual tuners that look supported.

Hauppauge wintv nova t 500. Watch out for the newer "diversity" model,
which doesn't work. I got the guy in the shop to open the package to
verify it was the right model! Full details at the link you posted! Cost
about 50 quid.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts