[mythtv-users] Am I on crack

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Tue Mar 25 22:11:31 UTC 2008

John Veness wrote:
> I thought the idea was that LiveTV would continue to run, visibly and
> audibly, in a small box in the corner, or maybe semi-transparent in the
> background, in which case you would be less likely to not realise it was
> still running.

If anyone's going to implement this (doesn't sound like anybody cares
enough to implement it, though...) could I suggest that you extend the
idea to allow *any* recording to "play" in the background while you're
in the menus, not just LiveTV? I think that would be somewhat more
useful -- sometimes I'm watching a recording, and I'll think of
something else I want to do briefly... it'd be easier if I could just
jump into the menus while the recording is still playing in a little
square, do whatever, and jump back again.

There are certainly other ways to do that, but if you're going to do it
for LiveTV, why not for a recording as well is all I'm saying.

Dean.