[mythtv-users] .21 Mythstream on Mythbuntu

Greg Mischel Smith gregms at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:54:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Mario Limonciello <mario.mailing at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Greg Mischel Smith wrote:
> > I've install .21 from the backports of Mythbuntu and I'm having trouble
> > with MythStream.
> >
> > When I try to edit the settings for Mythstream, it says the following:
> > The mythstream plugin was compiled against libmyth version: 0.20.2, but
> > the installed libmyth is at version 0.21.2. You probably want to
> > recompile the mythstream plugin after doing a make distclean.
> >
> > I have tried uninstalling it from the command line and adding it back,
> > along with doing the same from the Command Center, but I always end up
> > with this error.
> >
> > Any idea how I can get this to work?
> >
> > FYI:
> > Running Mythbuntu 7.10
> > packport of .21
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Greg Mischel Smith
> > KCMO

> It's because the backport hasn't been done for it yet.  It should happen
> some
> time this week.
>
> --
> Mario Limonciello
> mario.mailing at gmail.com

I have yet to see Mythstream available in the backports.
However, if people still need it who are using Mythbuntu 7.10, visit this
website:
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu-trunk/+archive/+index#

Change the source to Gutsy to see what you need to add.
Realistically, all you need to to is to add the following lines to your
Repository:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu-trunk/ubuntu gutsy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu-trunk/ubuntu gutsy main

Then install the update for Mythstream.
I did it through Package Manager, but it may show up in Update Manager.
The update you want is: mythstream -
0.18.1-0.21.0+trunk16733-0ubuntu0~mythbuntu1

Discussion of this can be found at the following address:

Greg Mischel Smith
KCMO