[mythtv-users] mythweb thumbnail/streaming issue

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:56:29 UTC 2008

This is a continuation to this message but I've just joined the list
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2008-February/210487.html

I am having a similar problem....

I've been using/playing with Mythtv for probably 18 months to get my
head around it and it's dependencies and decided when the latest
version was released to effectively use it as a production system for
my House.

Setup is 5 systems....

One as a Master Backend and four as combined slave backends and
frontends (all plugged into Screens and Amps around the house for
wife, kids etc...).  The system is designed to provide a centralised
system for all live TV and PVR TV  (both DVB and Satellite) as well as
providing a storage system for movies and music (1TB on the backend on
a seperate server) that we've bought and then uploaded.

The systems are named Master, Lounge, Bed1, Bed2 and Bed3 and am
running an internal DNS server that sees and identifies the correct IP
address's for each box, the hosts files are set correctly as well.
The machines sit on the IP range 192.168.1.130-134

I've setup my naming conventions for the nfs systems in fstab as follows...

/mnt/mythMaster as the local directory on the Master and the
mountpoint for the same directory on the slaves.

/mnt/mythLounge/Bed1/Bed2/Bed3 as the local directory on the
appropriate slave and the mountpoint for the same directory on the
other boxes.

Now all of this works great and indeed the system has no problem
recording and running the systems, however recordings created on the
Slave systems do NOT create thumbnails on the system properly when
accessed via mythweb.

I've read the lists and am seeing behaviour similar to the message
referenced above.

Specifically......

The system will generate the 100x0x244 .png file that you see on the
'Recorded Programs'  page.  This .png file will be stored correctly in
/var/www/html/data/cache as well as the appropriate
/mnt/mythMaster/Lounge/Bedx location.

However the larger 320x0x244 and 320x260x244 .png files created when
you click through to a specific program only get created in
/var/www/html/data/cache (not at all on the slave mountpoints) and
even then only get created with a 0 size.

HOWEVER they do get created correctly for the master system (mythweb
sits on and runs from the master system only).

To further confuse the issue the flash downloads work correctly no
matter which system (master or slave) the recorded file is physically
based upon....so that would indicate the addressing is getting handled
correctly.

I initially though this had to be a permissions and/or
firewall/SElinux issue so have work through all the variations
including turning the firewall and SElinux off as well as making
permissions of the mountpoints and the underlying file systems 777
temporarily.  As the 100x0x244 .png file DOES get stored correctly on
the slave backend file system I don't think it's a
permissions/firewall issue anyway (but I'm open to ideas).

I'm not a .php or flash guy so have looked through the code on the
'Program' page and noticed the FlashVars command which is what I think
is creating the 320x size .pngs?

Can anyone please give me some pointers/ideas for what to look for to
solve this issue please?  I've spent about 10 hours on this over the
last week and now am pretty much stumped.

Thanks in advance and congrats to the team on a great release which is
at least V1.1 IMHO.