[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21 on Xebian installed (was Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox)

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:33:56 UTC 2008

> > > I attempted this on my XBox running MythTV-0.20.2 on Xebian 1.1.4 and
> > > unfortunately, it did not work.   I ran into problems when installing
> > > "x11-common"...

Here's the message displayed when I attempt to install x11-common; it
has occurred several times, even when I was following Ryan's advice to
upgrade to etch.

Cannot remove /usr/X11R6/bin directory

This upgrade requires that the /usr/X11R6/bin directory be removed and
replaced with a symlink. An
attempt was made to do so, but it failed, most likely because the
directory is not yet empty. You
must move the files that are currently in the directory out of the way
so that the installation
can complete. If you like, you may move them back after the symlink is
in place.

This package installation will now fail and exit so that you can do
this. Please re-run your
upgrade procedure after you have cleaned out the directory.

Any ideas?