[mythtv-users] Can't get nividia-graphics 169.12 to load

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:47:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Kevin Plew <kevin at plewnet.com> wrote:
> > Hello folks-- Getting thru an upgrade to FC 8 and myth .21.....
> >
> >  Can't seem to get the latest Nvidia-graphics169.12 to load. I'm using
> the
> >  GeForce 7300 card connected to S-video out on the card. Here is my
> >  xorg.conf

Do you have multiple nvidia-graphics packages installed (ie 169.09 and
169.12)?  If so, do you also have the nvidia-graphics-helpers package
installed?  There is an issue with conflicts between the modules when
multiple packages are installed.  Install the nvidia-graphics-helpers
package, if you don't already have it.  Then run the 'nvidia-graphics-switch
169.12' command.

(I'm assuming you are getting these packages from ATRpms.  If not, then this
may not apply.)