[mythtv-users] LiveTV question

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 09:48:55 UTC 2008

I don't think I understand. Like have it call a standard tv playing
program up? That's not what I'm looking for exactly. I want the
program guide data to still be populated, and linked to the card. I
just want myth to know, UNLESS I specify, DON'T use this card. When
live TV is being watched, I still want it to act as a pvr device,
with the record and rewind and pause and whatnot, I just don't want
anything to be scheduled on it. If this isn't possible, fine, I'll
just lower the priority some more, and try and get them damn people
to schedule what they want to watch. We fight over the TV a lot. Myth
allows me to watch tv the way I want to, I.E. When I am ready to
watch a show, it's there. They tend to be more of the devour every
available second of TV footage kind of watchers, and it drives me up
the wall... Primarily because whenever I go to watch something,
everyone else has already seen it (and then I'm the bad guy for
wanting to see something they already saw, but that's another issue)

So, I guess I could just remove the card completely, and tell them
they're not allowed to watch live tv anymore. then I can add a TV
timer. give them no more than 2 or 3 hours of TV a day. bwahaha.
that'll teach them. Stupid couch potatoes.

~Jon