[mythtv-users] DISH Technician

Darren Richards darren.richards at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 03:10:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> Well the DISH fellow just left. He installed new gear so I can get
> more HD channels (looking towards the Hauppauge device).
>
> I asked him if he'd heard of Myth. He had not.
>
> I showed him a little bit of it.
>
> He left shaking his head muttering "Wow".

The technician who installed my Dish setup couldn't quite grasp the concept
of mythTV or a DVR setup.  Granted this was about 4 years ago.  I was just
moving into a new house, so I didn't have Myth up and running to show him.
He couldn't wrap his mind around why I'd want *both* of my satellite
receivers installed in the same room, stacked on top of each other.  He kept
trying to talk me out of it, thinking that I didn't understand how they
worked or something.