[mythtv-users] MythWeather missing screens

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 01:24:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Chuck Filson <mythtv at goodeid.com> wrote:

> > > Steve:
> > >
> > >        You were getting further than me into the setup. There is nothing
> > > that seems to be able to done on the Screen Settings page and no window
> > > searching for scripts ( no error messages either ).
> > >
> > >        I have put a screen capture at
> > > http://www.goodeid.com/mythweather.png that shows all that I see on the
> > > settings page.
> > >
> > > Chuck
> >
> > Chuck - I know exactly what you're talking about
> >
> > Yea - this happened to me.  You'll see an email on the list from me
> > the describes the same issue.  The ONLY way I was able to solve it was
> > to truncate the 3 weather tables in the database, manually clean out
> > EVERYTHING on both the frontend and backend in the following folders:
> >
> > rm -r....
> >
> > /home/mythtv/.mythtv/themecache
> > /usr/local/include/mythtv/
> > /usr/local/lib/libmyth*
> > /usr/local/lib/mythtv
> > /usr/local/share/mythtv
> >
> > No matter how many times I tried to do a make clean, make distclean,
> > make remove, make uninstall, etc... and then reinstall, I would always
> > see what you see.  I had to basically flush everything from my system
> > related to the previous myth installs so that whatever bad juju was
> > messing with that screen would go away.
> >
> > After I did that, it worked fairly nicely.
> >

>        I was hoping that your cure would work for me. No luck.
>
>        On a test machine I did a fresh format and install of Mandriva 2008.0
> followed by compiling and installing MythTV (0.21 release) but after setup
> the same empty config screen shows up when I try to setup or enter
> MythWeather. There are still no error messages and everything else seems to
> function correctly.
>
>        Looks like I may have to add lots of debug messages to mythweather code and
> try to find where it is failing.
>

> Chuck

Chuck - sorry to hear it didn't work so well for you.  Was it a fresh
database too or did you tie into an existing database?  I actually
submitted a bug report, but it was closed as "works for me" because
none of the devs could reproduce it.  I hope you can come up with the
root cause.  Like I said, I had the same symptoms in any of the themes
I tried.

Thanks!
Matt S