[mythtv-users] UPnP

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Sun Mar 23 22:53:03 UTC 2008

> Is there any way to disable UPnP, so that Windows Media Player doesn't
> pop up and say it found a media server? I'm on a very large LAN and I
> don't want everybody and their mom connecting to my mythbox.

 That popup only leads them to the backend status page, not the content, but
if you really want it blocked firewall port 1900 in/out of the backend
and broadcasts wont  be sent out or replied too.

FYI though, the mythbackend protocol  has no authentication so
someone with enough smarts could
access your content (even without access mysql first).