[mythtv-users] Weaker signal with 0.21 and dvb-t ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 23:01:12 UTC 2008

On 22/03/2008, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> having upgraded from 6.10 to 7.10 Ubuntu and 0.21 myth from 0.20.2 recently
> I'm noticing what appears to be more
> digital artefacts, skips and 'pop's in the sound on channels that I seem to
> recall were ok with 0.20.2 ?
> I have 2 x WintTV nova-t cards in the AMD 64 3000 PC.
> I do seem to suffer from weak BBC channels from Winter Hill but channels
> like ITV, CH4 etc used to be fine, now I notice
> what looks like weaker signals on these? Could this be possible?

Very unlikely. MythTV can only use whatever data the DVB-T card and
its drivers provide it after demodulating the RF signal into a
bitstream. As you also updated your distro at the same time as
upgrading MythTV, there may have been DVB subsystem updates that could
be responsible for the behaviour you are seeing. However, as the
regular Nova-T cards have been well supported for some time now (the
Nova-T 500 is still unstable), I'd venture it's more likely just
coincidence - perhaps due to the weather or disturbances in the signal
path from the aerial to the card.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: