[mythtv-users] Database setup

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 22 21:29:38 UTC 2008

I am in the process of installing 0.21 on my system, which is a brand
new Fedora 8 x86_64 system.  I created the mythconverg database as
instructed here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora_7.
However, I am getting errors when I run the frontend and go into
Utilities/Setup->General.  I put in my host's IP address and get the
error "Host <my_ip> is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server".

So, I searched Gossamer threads and found this link:
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html.  I follow that and when
I try to open the database from a terminal window (mysql -u root
mythconverg), I get "Access denied for user 'root at localhost' (using
password: NO)".

Now I'm stuck. How do I go about correcting this?

Thanks,
Harry