[mythtv-users] pcHD5500 and 0.21

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Sat Mar 22 19:11:08 UTC 2008

Harry Devine wrote:
> OK, so I'm going thru the setup in 0.21 right now, and I'm trying to
> setup my pcHDTV 5500 card.  I currently have it set as a DVB Input card
> and I've noticed that I can't set the "Analog options" any more.  I used
> to be able to do this in 0.20 (svn from 11/19/07).  I need to do this to
> allow access to my basic channels (2 -> 99).
>
> Am I missing something?  Should I set up this card as something else?  I
> did see an Analog V4L card option, but I don't think I can setup 2
> seperate cards for this.  Or can I?

Harry,

This has puzzled me, too. I think someone else asked this not too long
ago on the list and got a response that the digital and analog tuners on
the card have to be set up as separate inputs, and in the same "Input
Group" (IIRC). I have messed around with an experimental (Ubuntu Hardy)
.21 installation on my MBE and had this same problem. I tried setting
the tuners up as separate inputs but analog doesn't work (just get a
split-second of TV, then snow on each analog channel). I haven't fooled
with it now in a couple weeks but IIRC, tvtime did not work for me
either. This is after having used digital TV in MythTV. I found if I
reloaded all the cx88 modules (cx88-dvb, cx8800, etc) then tried tvtime
again, analog TV worked, so I wonder if there was a regression in some
part of the kernel. I can do the very same thing successfully with the
same kernel version or newer on my "real" Gentoo Myth installation.
So, try setting them up as separate inputs and see if it works better
for you.

Cheers,
Jesse