[mythtv-users] Mythweb Status Crashes mythbackend ???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 22 17:51:18 UTC 2008

On 03/22/2008 01:27 PM, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> miscellaneous status script support added a new thread safety issue,
>> but--as you mentioned--it was fixed shortly after.  TTBOMK, by the time
>> that issue was fixed, all of the backend status causing segfault issues
>> had been fixed.
> And now that the devs are switching to QT4 the code could be switched back to how it
> was before...
>
> Will you submit a patch/ticket?

I'll take a look at it again.  However, there's a good chance, I'll make
a more robust solution (i.e. a reusable version of the code we had
before).  Thanks for the reminder.

BTW, I haven't forgotten your i18n/L10n issues in the script.  It's been
low priority since I know you have a workaround, and I got very tied up
in a not-so-fun coding (and testing) exercise for Myth (Perl-based
database restore script) that's significantly reduced my productivity.
Perhaps I can finish it up on my 3 weeks of travel so that I can do more
interesting things when I'm home for a while.

Mike