[mythtv-users] LiveTV Channel Browsing Speed (New angle !)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 22 16:53:41 UTC 2008

On 03/22/2008 09:52 AM, bungle wrote:
> Peter Schachte wrote:
>
>> It might be worth finding out *why* channel flicking is important.  Is it
> I can't get
> xawtv, kdetv, or tvtime to work for some reason - I have tried.  mplayer
> works, but isn't convenient.

Which is an appropriate solution for the OP.  Set up xawtv using EXECTV
for LiveTV (it can even be in the same location/same wording on the menu
as LiveTV currently has).

>   Plus why have another app?

Because what you're trying to do--watch "LiveTV" without buffering--is
/not/ something that Myth does, so you need an application that does that.

Mike