[mythtv-users] Error running optimize_mythdb.pl

Paul Shepherd paul at whitelands.org.uk
Sat Mar 22 11:28:00 UTC 2008

I have recently upgraded from 0.20 to 0.21 using ATrpms and have noticed
that a daily cron task to optimize the database fails. The command is:

/usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl >> ${LOG}

and I am getting the following errors in the log:

Incompatible protocol version (31 != 40) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MythT
V.pm line 328.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MythTV
.pm line 198.

Appears that MythTV.pm is the old (0.20) version - can someone tell me
how to correct this?

TIA

Paul