[mythtv-users] Solved:- a video quirk with mythgame -> supertux

cal cal at graggrag.com
Sat Mar 22 08:15:05 UTC 2008

cal wrote:
> [...]
>
> My system deals with supertux ok, so there's something funky
> about the video on their box. Yet in all other aspects, the video
> performance is just fine. The card is an nvidia 5200, and I've
> tried all the recent driver versions without any joy.

Everybody can relax, I finally got to bring their system home for
a good hard look, and the problem's solved.

On running Supertux, xorg log showed a switch to 640x480 mode, with
no hint of error. CRT-0 handled the switch ok, but TV-0 didn't, no
error reported in the log (and in service, there's only a tv
connected). I found a thread on nvnews.net
 <http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106808>
that pretty much corresponded to the symptoms.

In trying "all the recent driver versions", I managed to skip one,
100.14.19 , which works nicely, so we have two happy supertuxers
again.

Cheers.