[mythtv-users] Resolution on setup screens

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 22 03:02:29 UTC 2008

OK, I just got my nVidia driver issue squared away, but before I went
any further, I wanted to ask this question:  most of my screens, both in
the MythTV setup and on the F8 desktop, seem to have alot of the top and
bottom chopped off of the screen.  On my F8 desktop on my TV (I have a
46" Samsung DLP HDTV), I can only see the very bottom of the
taskbar/menubar that goes across the top.  Just enough to be able to
click on one of the menus and have them drop down to do what I need.
But I can't see the menubar at all.  No time, etc.

When I run mythtv-setup and select the first option (General), I get the
screen shown here:  http://www.ourapplecart.com/images/img_1755.jpg.  As
you can see if you look at that screen shot, the top is slightly cut
off, and I don't see the buttons across the bottom at all.  I've gotten
bitten twice already where my changes weren't saved because I was
guessing where the "Next" button was.

If it helps, I have the nVidia 169.12 drivers from atrpms.net installed,
and my xorg.conf has the following modes defined: 1280x720 (the
resolution seen in the above screenshot), 800x600, and 640x480.

Any thoughts on how I can get the screen sized properly?

Thanks,
Harry