[mythtv-users] IR Blaster sadness

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Mar 22 02:17:05 UTC 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 7:17 PM, Trevor Hill wrote:

> Any ideas?  I've mostly ruled out lircd.conf and such being a
> problem as that wouldn't cause the IR blaster to not send any
> signals at all, just send the wrong ones.

No real ideas, just a suggestion.

If you want to directly determine if the IR diode is actually emitting
anything you can observe it through the viewfinder of a digital still
camera or most camcorders.

If you can find an MCM 72-003 it's a piece of laminated cardboard with
an IR sensitive area, it glows when hit by IR. Unfortunately I don't
think they make them anymore. Too bad, they were under $1.

beww