[mythtv-users] Myth Jukebox Solutions?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sat Mar 22 01:20:08 UTC 2008

I love MythTV for a PVR and DVD player.  However I would also like to
use this box as a jukebox.  I know about the mythmusic plugin but I have
difficulty using it.  I'd like to have a  solution where one can access
and control the jukebox from both a web browser and the mythfrontend.
However browser control is most important.  I would also like a solution
that will both stream to the web browser if I want OR play the music on
the Myth box.  I was also given an iPod nano and thus have iTunes on a
Windows box to transfer files to the nano.  Thus it seems that any
solution that uses daap would be a plus.

I've Googled for solutions and I can find plenty that will stream TO my
web browser.  However I haven't found anything that will allow me to use
a web frontend to play files on my Myth box.

I'd like to know what solutions others have used to turn their Myth
boxes into jukeboxes.

Thanks,

Drew

--