[mythtv-users] Mythweb issues after latest upgrade

Steve Wilson mythtv_arizona at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 22:19:53 UTC 2008

--- Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> > On 03/21/2008 05:23 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
> >
> > > --- "Michael T. Dean" wrote:
> >  >> On 03/21/2008 04:36 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
> >  >>
> >  >>> I'm having problems getting all of mythweb
> towork.

> configuration
> >  >> (and unrelated to
> >  >> MythWeb).  And, yes, your frontend may still
> be able
> >  >> to play those
> >  >> affected recordings even if your storage
> groups are
> >  >> not properly defined.
> >
> > > Thanks for the help. I have a default storage
> group.
> >  > How do I fix this?
> >
> >  Make sure all the directories that include
> recordings are in the storage
> >  group.  Make sure there are no typos in the paths
> for these
> >  directories.  Make sure that these directories
> have the appropriate
> >  permissions.  Look for error messages in your
> mythfrontend and
> >  mythbackend and apache logs.  Basically, you'll
> have to start digging
> >  around because there are too many ways to break
> it to list.  :)
> >

> >  Mike
>
> I had a completely different issue but it may be
> worth a try. I was
> told to not only remove and reinstall mythweb but go
> into
> /var/www/html and remove the mythweb directory prior
> to reinstalling.
> If the storage group thing doesn't pan out it may be
> worth a try.
>
> Richard

Thanks Richard, actually I already tried deleting the
mythweb directory before re-installing. I saw your
other solved post and tried what you did. I've played
with the storage groups but this hasn't solved
anything. For kicks, I tried deleting one of the good
thumbnails to see if mythweb would regenerate and it
did so I can't figure out why on the new recordings it
falls over. I'm totally stumped.