[mythtv-users] MythWeather missing screens

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 21:14:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Chuck Filson <mythtv at goodeid.com> wrote:
> > Chuck Filson wrote:
> > |     Whenever I enter the MythWeather setup the Global Settings are
> >
> > accessible,
> >
> > | but the Screen Settings leaves me at a screen with no active or inactive
> > | screens listed and no way to add them. Mythfrontend -v all shows this
> >
> > when
> >
> > | entering the screen setup, but shows no errors.
> >

> On Thursday 20 March 2008 18:30, steve wrote:
> > I had a fun time trying to figure that one out too.  if you select
> > screen settings, a little box should pop up "searching for scripts" then
> > you get the screen setup page.
>
> Steve:
>
>        You were getting further than me into the setup. There is nothing that seems
> to be able to done on the Screen Settings page and no window searching for
> scripts ( no error messages either ).
>
>        I have put a screen capture at http://www.goodeid.com/mythweather.png that
> shows all that I see on the settings page.
>
> Chuck

Chuck - I know exactly what you're talking about

Yea - this happened to me.  You'll see an email on the list from me
the describes the same issue.  The ONLY way I was able to solve it was
to truncate the 3 weather tables in the database, manually clean out
EVERYTHING on both the frontend and backend in the following folders:

rm -r....

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/themecache
/usr/local/include/mythtv/
/usr/local/lib/libmyth*
/usr/local/lib/mythtv
/usr/local/share/mythtv

No matter how many times I tried to do a make clean, make distclean,
make remove, make uninstall, etc... and then reinstall, I would always
see what you see.  I had to basically flush everything from my system
related to the previous myth installs so that whatever bad juju was
messing with that screen would go away.

After I did that, it worked fairly nicely.

Thanks!
Matt S