[mythtv-users] transcoding widescreen recordings

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Mar 21 19:33:46 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brad DerManouelian
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 12:22 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] transcoding widescreen recordings

On Mar 21, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

On Mar 21, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

Any reason you need them transcoded without the bars or do you just need to
adjust your "Fill" and get rid of them when playing back your recordings?

No real reason i need them without the bars, but mainly because the solution
should not have to be to adjust the fill. Also, too much techie for the
wife. Just hoping that i could get my recording widescreen with no black
bars, if there is a way.
-Steve

Also note that there is currently a patch that detects black bars and sets
the fill appropriately so even that step won't be necessary.

I typed that a bit fast. There's a patch in SVN currently that will
hopefully make it into either 0.21-fixes or at least the next release. I
haven't been following it closely enough to know what the plans are for it.

As for the playback profile, the issue is that i like to nuvexport the
stuff, so once i do that, the playback profile doesn't really matter cause
the recording goes to my videos section. But i'll check for that patch to
detect them. That'd be a good feature, but if it doesn't make it in before
the hd pvr comes out, it won't really matter in my case : )
-Steve