[mythtv-users] Hulu.com

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Mar 21 17:51:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:20:53PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > MythWeb uses a normal browser with a normal Flash player plugin,
> > so--assuming they don't have any asinine Windows-only restrictions--
> > any
> > browser that can do MythWeb and can do Flash could do Hulu stuff, but
> > that browser has nothing to do with Myth.  Therefore, I'm thinking you
> > mean MythBrowser.
>
> Is there a HOWTO somewhere on installing Flash in MythBrowser?  I
> haven't gotten it working yet.

    I worked through this by installing the full version of Konqueror
and getting flash working through it.

    I installed several packages through apt-get...

      konqueror
      flashplugin-nonfree
      konqueror-nsplugins

    Then as the mythtv user, running konqueror I found the
menu/screen where you tell it to detect new plugins (and did
that).