[mythtv-users] LiveTV Channel Browsing Speed (New angle !)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Mar 21 15:47:54 UTC 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 8:37 AM, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:

>> When you say Next/Previous would that be by channel?
>>
>> Would this require patches to the frontend code or is there
>> somesort of macro
>> facility I could use?
>
> If the MythBox has more then one tuner, one way of doing instant
> channel
> change is having the next channel on the next tuner be ready and
> instantly changing to it. As soon as the user changes the channel
> switch
> the previous tuner to it's next channel.
>
> If the tuners are for different things (ex. OTA and cable) you would
> ping pong between them, but that does not matter. If the tuners are
> for
> the same thing then skip every 2nd channel. This could be extended to
> use all the tuners in the box.
>
> It will not work if you have only one tuner.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but all these suggestions (and
PLENTY more) have already been discussed over and over again. If you
are interested, check the 828 (or so) results here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=slow+channel&search_type=AND