[mythtv-users] Failed to approve 'openglbobdeint' deinterlacer

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 21 04:01:25 UTC 2008

On 03/20/2008 11:22 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 13:11:57 Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 03/20/2008 10:45 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>>
>>> Failed to approve 'openglbobdeint' deinterlacer
>>>
>>> I get this when trying to use the Bob2 (HW) filter - any ideas anyone?
>>>
>> Get a different display (TV) and use a higher refresh rate.
> Why is that? I'm using a 1280x1024 50Hz LCD

Bob 2X is a double-rate deinterlacer, so if your video is > 50% of the
display's refresh rate, it can't be used.  Note that even though you
have a 50Hz display, you may be running a modeline that gives something
close-enough for the display, but still < 2x the video's refresh
rate--i.e. 49.97Hz refresh would prevent a double-rate deinterlacer for
720p25, for instance.

Besides, there are many other deinterlacers available.  Have you tried
them?  If you're set on Bob 2x, I hear Samsung has some 120Hz displays
out.  :)

Mike