[mythtv-users] Storage groups: how to set minimum free space for a drive

Mike Smith mike at smithburnett.net
Fri Mar 21 01:58:43 UTC 2008

Hello,

Like many of us I'm sure, I jumped straight into Storage Groups in 0.21. Now
I have all that free space on my root filesystem actually doing some good!

But it seems to be doing a little too much good -- MythTV likes to fill up
its own drive, and then (unsurprisingly) dies. How can I set a minimum free
space level for just one storage group?

I found the option in the TV Settings area of the front end, but that seems
to be a global minimum, because I set it to 3 GB and my root drive just
filled up again (taking with it my recording of Lost, for which I'll catch
hell from SWMBO as soon as she realizes). There's plenty of space on my two
other directories in that group.

Is there some way to prevent this from happening again, or do I have some
fundamental problem with my understanding of this new feature?

Thanks,

Mike