[mythtv-users] firewire capture freezes fairly often - Motorola DCT 6200

Damen Cole damen at thecolefamily.ca
Fri Mar 21 00:18:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am using MythTV 0.21 release on a high end server (a dedicated master
backend) with a PCI firewire card (NEC chipset I believe) connected to a
Motorola DCT 6200. I am experiencing a problem where periodically (~once
every 4 hours of watched/recorded TV - more frequent with HD) the backend
and cable box stop talking. In order to fix the problem I have to fiddle
with the firewire speed settings (i.e. broadcast -> p2p -> broadcast and
back). Sometimes I even have to shutdown the cable box and server in order
to get the data flowing again.

I have been running MythTV for about 2 years now, and I figure with the
release of 0.21 and still having this problem - I figured to ask the
community for their help! My wife keeps frowning at me when she says "Go fix
the TV again!". ;)

I am using broadcast @ 200mbps, however I have probably tried every setting
without ever finding one that works perfectly!

I will be forever grateful if someone can solve this problem for me!

--
Damen Cole
damen at thecolefamily.ca