[mythtv-users] MythWeather missing screens

Chuck Filson mythtv at goodeid.com
Thu Mar 20 22:16:37 UTC 2008

	I am currently running Mythtv version 0.21.20080304-1 (0.21 release) with a
single backend and several frontends. The same code was compiled and
installed on all machines and none of them will run MythWeather. The
frontends are running on Mandriva 2007.0 and Mandrive 2008.0 and I have
confirmed that all required perl modules are installed as indicted by the
script on "http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythWeather" under
requirements.

	Whenever I enter the MythWeather setup the Global Settings are accessible,
but the Screen Settings leaves me at a screen with no active or inactive
screens listed and no way to add them. Mythfrontend -v all shows this when
entering the screen setup, but shows no errors.

2008-03-20 17:50:33.674 XMLParse::LoadTheme
using /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/default/weather-ui.xml
2008-03-20 17:50:34.147 MSqlQuery: SELECT weatherscreens.container,
weatherscreens.units, weatherdatalayout.dataitem, weatherdatalayout.location,
weathersourcesettings.source_name, weatherscreens.draworder FROM
weatherscreens, weatherdatalayout, weathersourcesettings WHERE
weatherscreens.hostname = 'xenatoca' AND weatherscreens.screen_id =
weatherdatalayout.weatherscreens_screen_id AND weathersourcesettings.sourceid
= weatherdatalayout.weathersourcesettings_sourceid ORDER BY
weatherscreens.draworder;

	When I finally use ESC to exit the screen setup, I get this several times
from the frontend log

2008-03-20 17:49:14.130 Container startup has NULL area, bad theme.

	Since there are no screens setup I can not continue to setup any source for
mythweather.

	Any ideas what I am missing or what I can check to track this down. All other
features are working just great, The developers deserve a pat on the back.

Chuck