[mythtv-users] Howto prevent MythTV flushing/Syncing disk writes (LiveTV/Recordings) [ SOLVED ]

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Mar 20 18:58:23 UTC 2008

Albert Graham wrote:
> OK, in my case I am not interested in tracking frontends for this
> purpose, but the idea is to "quieten the disks at night time", when
> no_sync is disabled - so in other words, that would be an alternative
> configuration option - switch to no_sync mode when I'm not watching TV -
> i.e. (assuming people sleep at night time) :)
>
> I think the patch  (no_sync)  would be a good "feature" for many, I know
> I'm using extreme settings, but that is at OS level and nothing  really
> to do with MythTV, on the other hand the "night time" thing was just an
> idea that could utilize the concept.

Why don't you just do what a lot of Myth users do, and put the noisy parts of
Myth in the basement? Or, if like me you don't have a basement, put them in a
(well-ventilated!) cupboard somewhere out of the way? Seems to me a lot less
complicated than endless tweaking the OS - unless you like that kind of thing, I
suppose.

Mike Perkins