[mythtv-users] Seg Fault after selecting CPU-- Playback Group

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Mar 20 18:32:30 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
>
>> After upgrading my workstation to 0.21, I've ended up with perfectly
>> playable
>> content with weird colours - Smurf syndrome. So, while trying to
>> figure out a
>> way to fix this, decided to try some of the available default
>> Playback Groups to
>> see what difference they might make.
>
> What you should have done is check the archives for blue video. In
> fact, searching gossamer's archives for "smurf" even turned up the
> problem and how to fix it.

Fair enough. However, the problem and the fix dated from 2005 - and I thought
that the problem would have been fixed since then. After all, *every* other
setting is at 50% - except Hue, which was zero.

As an aside, I know that traditionally TV users on that side of the pond needed
to twiddle a "hue" control with NTSC, dunno if it's still the same nowadays.
Over here in PAL land, we just don't need to so TVs have never had a "hue"
control. Perhaps that's why I assumed it was some kind of more esoteric
configuration error.

Mike Perkins