[mythtv-users] [ANNOUNCE] merging Qt4 branch to trunk

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Mar 20 10:10:14 UTC 2008

On 19/03/2008, James Bunton <jamesbunton at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Also, by the time a stable MythTV based on 4.3 is released, it'll likely be in
> most of the LTS-type distros anyway.

I think this is the key point. the Devs are targeting a system that's
8-12 months in the future. By then we'll be looking at 4.3 or above
being in every stable distro around. If you want to run SVN now then
you'll be making concessions no matter what the distro.

I get the feeling that a few people on here want everything on a
silver platter, bleeding edge software without wanting to take the
consequences of running bleeding edge software.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com