[mythtv-users] killing MBE while in "Watch Recordings" get stuck in UI

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Mar 20 05:38:56 UTC 2008

(sending to -users because I have no patch attached...)

I have my SBE (which is also my primary frontend) in the "Watch
Recordings" section.  While noting that my MBE says that it's recording
"Law & Order" on the HD-3000 (DVB) but actually isn't, I decide to
reboot the box.  (Actually, I restarted the backend first, but that
didn't fix the problem.  Thus, the reboot.  Anyhoo...)

This frontend is now popping up a diaglog box stating "Could not connect
to the master backend server -- is it running? Is the IP address set for
it in the setup program correct?".  Perfectly understandable message.
But clicking "OK" just brings the popup back again.  No way to exit the
screen to anything else like say... watch a movie in MythVideo...

Version info:
MythTV Version   : 16615
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.22.20080313-2
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3
using_live

	-I