[mythtv-users] MythWeb not asking for password on Mythbuntu 0.21

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:41:52 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I'm new to Mythweb and it's great. Just not had time to look at it
>  before. I'm confused by something though. The upgrade to Mythbuntu 0.21
>  asked me to enter a password for Mythweb. I was glad of this as I wasn't
>  sure how to secure it manually. However, I seem to be able to go to
>  Mythweb from the machines on my lan without entering a password.

I have noticed the same thing. It seems that even if you are asked for
a password (stored in /etc/mythtv/mythweb-digest) the mythweb
configuration doesn't enable authentication at all.
You can check for yourself in
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf /which is a link to
/etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf ).
Even more confusing, there is a .htaccess  in
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb which is a link to
/etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess (non-existing)
So I'm not really sure how the setup should be.
Anyway, after I enabled authentication in mythweb.conf and restarted
apache, it works.

HTH
--
Regards,